Allscripts Document Management (formerly Impact.MD) is a proven medical document management solution used by more than 18,000 healthcare professionals throughout the U.S. This award-winning program instantly improves chart access and practice workflow by electronically scanning and filing your current documents and making them accessible to your entire staff regardless of their location.
The burden of medical records in a physician practice is extreme. Overcrowded offices lead to inaccessible charts; whether misplaced, lost, or in use by another staff member. Physician practices continue to seek a solution to reduce or eliminate the increasing volumes of paper within their organizations. The optimal product would eliminate the issues of overcrowded office space and storage facilities as well as the problems associated with paper medical records like lost or misplaced patient charts. Physicians demand a flexible, easy-to-use solution, yet one capable of standardization for consistency and compliance. In short, physician practices need a solution that increases staff efficiency, productivity, and patient satisfaction, all while reducing operational costs.
Allscripts Document Management, is a cost-effective way to meet those needs, by automation of patient charts, elimination of paper and storage woes, and generation of a rapid return-on-investment (ROI). Allscripts Document Management offers physician practices a "Bridge" for their technology adoption, starting with Document Management.”
Uniquely, Allscripts provides a modular implementation approach, working in logical steps, in a seamless evolution to a complete electronic health record when your practice is ready. Practices and their physicians go live with each module, only when they are comfortable with the technology. This successful implementation strategy enables practices to realize early ROI and easily transition into a full EHR system at the pace that best fits their needs.
Allscripts Document Management can transform physician practices into “paperless” care centers eliminating patient charts, storage racks, and all the problems associated with a paper system — without changing a physician’s behavior. Whether generated from within the office, such as phone messages and office notes, or outside the office, such as lab results, EOBs and referral letters, Allscripts Document Management serves as a single, flexible repository. All documents both patient-related and administrative can be securely accessed anywhere at anytime, from satellite offices, hospitals, even from home.
Allscripts Document Management has become the nation’s leading medical document management technology and the product of choice by thousands of physicians in almost all specialties. With installations spanning the nation, this technology has continually saved practices millions of dollars and countless hours annually since 1998. Practices rave of their success with Allscripts Document Management and have rated Allscripts as the #1 company in the industry in terms of our ability to bring information together in a connected and seamless fashion. Together, with a customer base including many of the nation’s leading medical groups, we are transforming healthcare each and every day.
VPN Solutions offers a comprehensive set of services for Allscripts Document Management clients.
Allscripts Document Management can be enhanced incrementally with several available modules including Forms.MD, Rx+, and Search.MD. Allscripts also offers Electronic Health Record Solutions when your practice is ready. This proven incremental approach can ease the transition into a full clinical record, increase provider and staff utilization and keep costs down.
VPN Solutions sells a variety of hardware including scanners, pen-tablets, hand held wireless devices, and other cutting edge healthcare solutions.
Facts & Questions
Click above to access the answers to the questions below
Facts & Questions
- Exactly how does Allscripts Document Management save money for medical offices?
- Besides saving money, what makes Allscripts Document Management superior to the hard-copy medical chart?
- Is this electronic method faster?
- What is the difference between Allscripts Document Management and other scanning/organizing software options on the market?
- What kind of information can be saved in the Allscripts Document Management patient chart?
- What about the possibility of lost records? What happens when the system crashes or a similar accident arises?
- Since some information in a patient's chart may be confidential, what steps has Allscripts taken to allow only the correct people to view certain information?
- Will medical offices using Allscripts Document Management experience any kinds of compatibility problems?
- Will a user be able to import a Lotus or Excel document into the chart?
- How does Allscripts Document Management utilize voice recognition technology?
- Will Allscripts Document Management force physicians to change the way they currently practice?
- What about security for my documents?
- What if we have multiple offices?
- Do I have to buy new imaging software if my practice grows?